Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 F1 vs ATACR 4-16x50 F1

Braunschweiger

Firstly, I've owned pretty much every NF out there. This year, I bought a new NX8 2.5-20x50 for rifle season here in Central MO and while I really like the scope, the low end is not very usable. A lot of my shots can be within 30-40 yards if not closer. However, I do need more of the top end as I will be taking this rifle/optic out west in the coming years.

Since right at the moment I don't have a 4-16x50 F1 to compare it to, I wondered if anyone had a preference for one over the other as far as the reticle? I feel the glass in the ATACR is step up - edge to edge clarity, less CA, and overall brightness... but with the obvious cons of lower power and weight.

Let me know!
Darin

Anyone have first hand experience with both that can help with the OP's question?
I ended up moving it over to my LMT MWS AR10 and bought a Premier 3-15x50 Light Tactical. Seems to be more usable and light transmission and glass quality are quite a step up.

Yes, I'd like some insight on the comparison too. Braun's original comparison is what I've narrowed my next scope purchase down to. I keep going back and forth on which would be better for a lighter weight western hunting rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.