NightForce Canted Reticle ..sorry,, I was wrong

As dumb as I feel, I gotta set the record straight, I went to my buddy who has all the latest fancy gadgets. After a few minutes he confirmed that the reticle was level with the rifle, Just liek NF told me it would be.

I've never before had so much issue with mounting a scope! It just always looked off to me. the more I looked, well you know the rest.

Thanks for everyone who responded but NF was right, the reticle is level.

Most reticles today are etched onto a lens, especially the more complex reticles.

Surely there must be a way of making indexing detents on the edge of the reticle lens at the exact time the reticle is etched to insure that when it is mounted inside the scope it will ALWAYS be vertical within the scope.

Instead, I read in a Guns and Ammo publication that even the best scope brands occasionally have canted reticles. Amazing.

I've had to send only one scope back for a canted reticle. The (American) manufacturer sent me a newer version of that scope they had just released. It was a good scope, thankfully.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.