Nightforce 4-14x56 MOAR

LRShooter7mm

Hello everyone,
I am looking at getting a new scope for my 7mm i will be shooting some long range but not very often. I will be hunting with it more then anything my average shots are about 175 or 200 yards with the odd on out to about 500. I am looking for opinions on the nightforce SHV 4-14x56 MOAR does anyone have any experience with this scope? Thanks for any and all help.

Have one of these scopes on a 300 rum. They seem to be a fair quality glass and do track well. Overall I like the scope very well. I don't use the reticle as intended, I dial for distance. It isn't as crisp on the clicks as my nxs, but not bad and as mentioned tracks well. I like the covered turrets. Use my rifles a lot on horseback and like the fact they are cover and not moving around when putting it in and out of the scabbard. Always figure that if I'm going to shoot long distance I need a few minutes to get ready, so removing the cap on the turret isn't a big deal to me. Other than it is something I will probably miss place at some point in my life. Good luck and have fun.

I have a couple of the SHV scopes. The one I use the most is on a R700 5R. I use it primarily for hog hunting. I put an Armasight clip on NV unit with it as well.

Almost all of my shots are less than 200 yards. I have zero complaints about the performance of the scopes. They get knocked a fair bit and have held their zero thus far. It is not as refines s the NSX line, but it was never intended to match their quality.

I have the 4-14x56 on my 280AI. For out to 500 yds it is good. But for my eyes past 500 yds I like more magnification. I also have the 5-20 on a 300 WM both scopes work very good. As stated they are not a NXS but still good quality.

I am looking at these as well, I see they make one in 5-20x56 and am trying to locate one with a MOAR reticle to peek through. Worth the price or save for an NXS? I know all sounds good, but it's halfway to the high dollar piece already so will it keep me happy for years to come or will I wish I had more?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.