Nightforce announces new lower priced 4-14x56 SHV riflescope

"brown" brought me a package this noon. Here's a few pictures.

It is displayed next to my 5.5x22x50 NXS that was on one of my guns.

This shows the turret details and some other things that were questioned when I started this thread.

It's about 1/4 inch shorter than the NXS. Feels and looks very substantial. More later.

Attachments

• NF-SHV-1.jpg
    NF-SHV-1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 78
  • NF-SHV-2.jpg
    NF-SHV-2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 72
  • NF-SHV-3.jpg
    NF-SHV-3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
  • NF-SHV-4.jpg
    NF-SHV-4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 80
I'm pretty dang pumped to get my hands on one of these, I would really like to get an ATACR but that's just to much for me to bite of but I may be able to swing one of these so at least I would have a reticle that matches others I shoot with and I'd have some MOA to work with as well!

OK,
I am a novice long range shooter, but have shot elk at 434 yards with just a 3X9 Leupold which I think for me was a miracle.

I love nightforce scopes but always have been a little rich for me although I have always wanted one.

Now that this new one is a little more price agreeable for people like me, I would like to consider it for a custom 243 I am having built (instead of a new kitchen). Or a 7mag I have that is a machine.

Would this new night force be a good option? Also, what reticle would you pros advise for hunting.
Where I hunt, 90% is in the woods but 2 of the stands allow for a 400yard+ shot.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
thanks
Mighty Man

I am really surprised they released the 56mm model first. I would have thought a 50mm model would have sold alot better. I wonder if they are using a little lesser quality glass and are trying to make up for it with the 56mm obj. This way the first word out in the first tests isn't disappointment in the brightness or glass. The tactical community tends to be very pack like and loaded with group think. The first opinions released about a product tend to stick with these people. could nightforce be shaping the message by releasing a 56mm model first.

Also, what reticle would you pros advise for hunting.

There are 2 available to select from.

This one came with the basic hunter model. The other is the MOAR.

Get the MOAR reticle.

I ordered a bunch for the LRH Store with the MOAR. They'll be shipping in April according to NF.

I am really surprised they released the 56mm model first. I would have thought a 50mm model would have sold a lot better.

My preference would have been 50mm objective also. Or even 45mm. 56mm starts to get umbrella-like on my rifles. Oh well, if they do offer a 50mm version in the future, the strengths and weakness of this model should be well vetted and known by then. Will make the purchase decision easier at that future time.

My preference would have been 50mm objective also. Or even 45mm. 56mm starts to get umbrella-like on my rifles. Oh well, if they do offer a 50mm version in the future, the strengths and weakness of this model should be well vetted and known by then. Will make the purchase decision easier at that future time.

Couldn't agree more... especially at 14x max power. I am surprised they are offering a 'value line' with huge front glass and illumination; two options that could substantially reduce cost even further. Hopefully the product line expands with time.

I actually got a hands on view of this scope today at the Dallas Safari Club Expo.
It was the non-illuminated version with the MOAR reticle. I liked the scope,but would prefer it to have uncovered turrets,I have a tendency of loosing the caps out in the field.
I might have to buy one for the new 6.5-06 I'm building.

Anyone get to shoot with this scope yet. I was about to purchase a vortex PST until I saw this new scope from nightforce. Wondering if it's going to be worth the wait.

I agree with some of the others that a 50mm bell might be more ideal with a scope like this... although the covered turrets will be great for my lightweight timber rifle, where I crawl through thick stuff more than I sit and glass for longer shots. But all around great to see that Nightforce is offering a larger selection of scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.