Night vision optics for coyotes

68w

I'm interested in nightvision. I have seen a lot of advertisements for the atn x sight 2 and pulsar units. Wondering about units that clip onto existing optics as well. Any other ideas, options, inputs. As with all ventures capital is limited so say under 1k.

I've heard that a lot what about predator lights with a good day time optic like meopta, Swarovski, trijicon, or the like. Does it enhance night hunting capability enough to be worth it?

The best bang for the buck in a predator light is the Stanley Fat Max sold at Walmart for $49.95. Make sure you get it with the snap on red lens. Good scan light and you can learn where to hold it in order to shoot.

On my AR I currently have a 4x fixed vortex, and on the 243 I have a athlon Talos BTR. Which would be more effective?

Either will work fine*. You need to be able to get on target quickly. Pick the one you are most accurate with. A bi pod if sitting or a Primos trigger stick tripod if standing will help.

* I love a 243!

243 is zero at 100 which I'm thinking of changing to 200. AR is a 50/200 zero and with the 4x reflex sight I'm quicker with it. 243 groups a lot better though.

I love my 243 because it shoots tiny bug holes and what you shoot stays down. At night your shots are going to be under 100. Judging distance at night is tough. Coyotes are a small target. If you are zeroed at 100 you can be two inches low at thirty. Make sure you check your zero at close range.

Cool, I have federal fusion 95s and VMAX 75s. Zero is very close on them but I have it zeroed with the 95 so that's what I've been using

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.