Night Optics...Need overview from an expert

I did, thanks! I couldn't get the link to work though. Maybe you can post it here if you can get to it? I tried a few things but to no avail.

Hey, it just got below freezing at my place again yesterday, finally! 20 deg right now. Maybe everything will freeze up again. My God, it's been like spring up here!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I told my wife, you know I'm goin to have to get one of those before too long, don't ya? Refering to the PVS-14 and monoloc! She said, oh ya!
grin.gif

We picked out a stock for her rifle today, she's happy with the burgandy and silver Master 1000 like the one Boyd has.

Thanks Brent guess we are going to have to sell the wives to get new toys
grin.gif
. It would be nice if we could find it at a cheaper price.

S1, what is your opion on th 4th gen stuff?
Is any of the systems capable of being used like the PVS-14 also what do you think of the Patriot verison?

I noticed that it seems that ATN does alot of 4th gen items.

Brent, I'm not sure but it does seem like it.
If it is they seem to make a better NOD than rifle scope.

By the way let you friend know the most of south Texas is under a winter weather warning, temps ranging from just above freezing to 2*. Near the boarder of Mexico to OK
frown.gif
. They told us to stay home from work today and maybe tommorrow also
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

There was a couple other companies that had the 4th gen stuff listed priced from $4000-$6500. Guess we'll have to sell the wives and kids.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

texas,
I was just down your way the last weekend of the deer season, got frost a couple of mornings. Over west about an hour and a half or so. One of our guide's nicknames was Junkyard, he was a good hunter and real gun-nut.

Went to a couple of neat gunshops while killing time before catching the flight home. One was a shooting range out in the sticks but still in the city and the other was a big old shop on a corner, looked like they added on several times - had a lot of stuff. Had lunch in a great old hotel right across from the Alamo, T.R's bar hang-out in the same building, very beautiful and impressive place.
Got on a plane in San'tone, folks were wearing shorts, weather about 75 above, later that evening got off another plane at home and the frigging temp was minus 31. Windchill in the minus forties.

You live in a very nice city, hope to go there again.

Howdy Texas,

Was working with the couple SF boys from Louisiana, and I got to see this new PVS 14 with a "Pinnacle" cell addressable, hand-picked, 30 to 1 signal-to-noise ratio ITT tube. This thing is phenomenal, I think I'm in love, now if I can just get someone to buy this motorcycle! Anyway, I have just never seen anything better than 22 to 1. I now know what is going to the top of my Christmas wish list.
wink.gif

I am hearing that the wait is longer than 120 days, just one more reason to finish this problem in Iraq and solve North Korea. Wouldn't it be nice to have a glut of these on the open market, and see the price come down, way down.
grin.gif

Ian, you are welcome to come to our fair city anytime you like. That goes for anyone else we're a friendly bunch until you try to take our guns
mad.gif
. The gun shop out in the sticks sounds like a few that I know of.
wink.gif
Have to keep one step ahead of the wife you know
grin.gif

S1 glad to see the gators didn't get ya
grin.gif
. A new PVS 14 huh? Where do we sign up? Been checking on those PT's any idea as to when available? Right about now the wolf could use some razor sharp teeth
wink.gif
I saw a couple of setups on the web. Best looking one to me was on the post from earlier. Could you please let me know what that brace or whatever it is just past the knobs(it has rings onto the scope with a flat piece resting just above). How long before we have 5th gen stuff? If you happen to go Stay like the wind, felt but not. seen
cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.