Newcon range finders

Lrb 400ci

I have one of these and have ranged out to 3300+- yds. with it. At that range it is actually hard to find the right object to reflect the lazer reliably. I am referring to a hunting situation in the mountains. Also at that range a tripod would be manditory and the unit is quite large. Optics are not near what the Swaro is. I own both and use the Swaro more than the Newcon. The Swaro is considerably smaller in size. Side by side at they read within 2 to 5 yds of each other at 600. This could also just be due to not ranging the exact location with both. I have not used the computer interface with the Newcon and found it amusing that the software came on a floppy disc instead of a cd or dvd. I had to find someone with a floppy and a dvd burner in order to transferr it to disc.

Newcon 3000

I have a Newcon 3000 and it will range to 1600+ yds in any condition. After that, cloudy days is best and I have ranged to 2655 yds on a small sagebrush, 2 days in a row from the same place and it was the same reading. I have ranged billboards on a cloudy day to 4061 yds. On reflective things, it will go 3000 yds.
Kirby tried it out against his Swaro and it did out produce in a few cases, but is it worth the $? I like it better.

Has anyone tested the 2000 yard newcon. I was wondering how the glass compairs to Leica for low light and clairity.

I've looked through the Newcon 2000 and compared to Leica. The Leica will - by far - have the better glass for clarity and light transmission.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.