Newcon range finders

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Black Diamond 408, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

2. gbp

gbp Well-Known Member

Lrb 400ci

I have one of these and have ranged out to 3300+- yds. with it. At that range it is actually hard to find the right object to reflect the lazer reliably. I am referring to a hunting situation in the mountains. Also at that range a tripod would be manditory and the unit is quite large. Optics are not near what the Swaro is. I own both and use the Swaro more than the Newcon. The Swaro is considerably smaller in size. Side by side at they read within 2 to 5 yds of each other at 600. This could also just be due to not ranging the exact location with both. I have not used the computer interface with the Newcon and found it amusing that the software came on a floppy disc instead of a cd or dvd. I had to find someone with a floppy and a dvd burner in order to transferr it to disc.

3. magicofmt

magicofmt Well-Known Member

Newcon 3000

I have a Newcon 3000 and it will range to 1600+ yds in any condition. After that, cloudy days is best and I have ranged to 2655 yds on a small sagebrush, 2 days in a row from the same place and it was the same reading. I have ranged billboards on a cloudy day to 4061 yds. On reflective things, it will go 3000 yds.
    Kirby tried it out against his Swaro and it did out produce in a few cases, but is it worth the $? I like it better.

4. britz

britz Well-Known Member

Has anyone tested the 2000 yard newcon. I was wondering how the glass compairs to Leica for low light and clairity.

5. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

I've looked through the Newcon 2000 and compared to Leica. The Leica will - by far - have the better glass for clarity and light transmission.