Newby

Shiny Penny

Hi all, I'm new to the LRH world. I've been a paper shooter for several years and have recently moved on to bigger and better things. I have a number of toys, but many are designed to be shot off a bench and aren't something I would lug around hunting (e.g. Sendero). I recently decided to convert a mid-70's 7mm mag to a .338 win mag and have acquired a stainless .338 barrel and an H S Precision stock. I plan to have a smith Cerakote the action and barrel. Is there anything else you would recommend before I get the elk slayer put together? I was considering a trigger upgrade (Timney or Rifle Basix) and possibly having the action blueprinted.

Thanks for a great site!

I would definately get the action at least trued. It may shoot without it but I have never seen one that wouldn't shoot that had been trued or blue printed. However if you aren't shooting long range maybe it isn't necessary for that last degree of accuracy. If you are like most of us though it is good to know that the rifle will shoot really well. The malfunctions can't be laid at the door step of the rifle. I am always interested in the finished product and how things worked for you. Keep us posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.