Newby

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Shiny Penny, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Shiny Penny

Shiny Penny Member

Hi all, I'm new to the LRH world. I've been a paper shooter for several years and have recently moved on to bigger and better things. I have a number of toys, but many are designed to be shot off a bench and aren't something I would lug around hunting (e.g. Sendero). I recently decided to convert a mid-70's 7mm mag to a .338 win mag and have acquired a stainless .338 barrel and an H S Precision stock. I plan to have a smith Cerakote the action and barrel. Is there anything else you would recommend before I get the elk slayer put together? I was considering a trigger upgrade (Timney or Rifle Basix) and possibly having the action blueprinted.

Thanks for a great site!

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Ed

3. mustang58

mustang58 Well-Known Member

I would definately get the action at least trued. It may shoot without it but I have never seen one that wouldn't shoot that had been trued or blue printed. However if you aren't shooting long range maybe it isn't necessary for that last degree of accuracy. If you are like most of us though it is good to know that the rifle will shoot really well. The malfunctions can't be laid at the door step of the rifle. I am always interested in the finished product and how things worked for you. Keep us posted.