NEWBIE on the forum but not in the field

JimBoIHN

Just turned 66 but still in good shape and still love to hunt. Unfortunately I no longer love to kill. Would still like to take a giant muley but that's about it. Maybe get into hog hunting - they are really getting to be a problem here in Texas. Could sure eat some squirrel, also, which would be the only way I could justify harvesting them. I own rifles .223 rem, .270, 30.06, 7 mm rem mag, and 8 X 57 JS, which was handed down from my Dad. Would like to find out more about it - the markings don't tell me anything. The only lettering has: CESKOSLOVENSKAZBROJOVKA, A S, BRNO. I understand the calibre is very popular in Europe and I am trying to assess if there are enough high BC bullets for it to consider as my main gun, and selling everything else. Want a 10 gauge shotgun of some kind - saw a cool double on internet, but I don't trust doing business that way. Any ideas on either topic?

Welcome aboard!!!

I understand the not killing thing. I've just turned 69 and after removal of some worn out parts am in pretty good shape. . . for the shape I'm in:D

Come on up to Ideehoe and well shuffle up a couple a mountains.:)

I too am satisfied with making a long shot at what ever happens to be there. Mostly rocks... However, I see wolf, elk and a great buck in my future.

Welcome aboard!!!

I understand the not killing thing. I've just turned 69 and after removal of some worn out parts am in pretty good shape. . . for the shape I'm in:D

Come on up to Ideehoe and well shuffle up a couple a mountains.:)

I too am satisfied with making a long shot at what ever happens to be there. Mostly rocks... However, I see wolf, elk and a great buck in my future.

I would definitely be an elk hunter if I lived up there - not for sport but for the table - wonderful fare. I go to Vegas all the time - why don't you drive on down and we'll discuss it! How's that for an Idee, Roy? By the way, I would like to come on up there.........permanently. Ever do any gold prospecting or metal detecting?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.