Newbie has a question...

bates132

Hey guys, im new to the site and fairly new to reloading. I have worked up several loads for my 280, and have gotten descent results, BUT... have a few issues. I have a couple loads that will put 2 or 3 shots touching, and then the next will float out about 1 to 1.5 inches. Im shooting a Prohunter and wonder if lengthining my COAL will help this out. Also, one weekend shoot a .6 group, and the very next weekend with the same load, shot a 1.6 group! The temp was around 12degrees warmer but im not sure if that did it or what. anyways..
Thanks in advance!!

I think what you need to do with that Encore is remove the fore stock and place a small rubber "O"ring between the barrel and the stock. This will sort of free float the barrel and usually this will enhance the accuracy of them. Also, if you are using a front rest either make sure it is always positioned the same or start using a bi-pod when shooting off a bench. BTW, if you use the "O"ring be sure to check the front stock screw regularly so that it doesn't loosen and fall out. Hope this helps your rifle become more consistant.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.