Newbe from PA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cjmousseau, May 7, 2009.

1. cjmousseau

cjmousseau Well-Known Member

I am a tactical nut i have a mossberg 500 persuder and a just bought a rem 700sps in a 308 BBL rifle and i threw on a 10X40X50mm Osprey 10 - 40x50 mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black with a harris bipod and a uncle mikes Neoprene Buttstock Shell Holders and a tactical sling i put about $1,000 in everything so i was wondering if i should throw on a .308 VORTEX FLASH HIDER threw brownells and what ammo should i use. i am a huge knife collector and i am a life member or the NRA gun)

2. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Welcome to the site. Great place with knowledgeable members.

Where in PA are you?

3. cjmousseau

I live in Bethel Park miles away from pittsburgh

4. cjmousseau

It's 9 miles away from pittsburgh

5. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

Someone close!! I live in wampum 50 minutes or so North of you.

6. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

Hi cjmousseau,

Welcome to LRH. Not much use for a flash hider unless your doing some night shoting and don't want to give away your position. (the varmints or deer don't pay no mind to the flash or the noise when they're falling to the ground from 800 yards away):D Hand loads will be you best bet for accuracy. You should hook up with jmason near you. He loves to shoot and I don't think he has anyone close by to shoot with, plus he's a great guy to talk to.

7. cjmousseau

Kevin i like your sight the reson why i want to use the 308 vortex flash hider is for long range shooting and i would have a better line of sight seeing down range when i shoot and it is a tactical rifle. i was going to shoot 168 to 175 grain 308