New Year

Happy New Year from Michigan!
Former NY'er that bought my 1989 Penn Yan Tournament 212 from Arney's Marina in Sodus Point at the Syracuse boat show in March 1989. 😱 Still have it and runs like a top! Have caught kings in every Great Lake except Superior. Yet!

Happy New Year from Michigan!
Former NY'er that bought my 1989 Penn Yan Tournament 212 from Arney's Marina in Sodus Point at the Syracuse boat show in March 1989. 😱 Still have it and runs like a top! Have caught kings in every Great Lake except Superior. Yet!
Arney's was sold a few years ago. You wouldn't recognize it now. I think they added about 400' of docks. My wife managed the tackle shop that was next door to Papa Joes restaurant. I work for a rep group with about 30 lines. Here are a few: Scotty downriggers, Owner Hooks, Pro King, Water Gremlin, Opti Tackle, Panther Martin, Yamamoto, Calcutta, Bill Lewis, Star Rods, Sea Striker and a lot more.

Arney's was sold a few years ago. You wouldn't recognize it now. I think they added about 400' of docks. My wife managed the tackle shop that was next door to Papa Joes restaurant. I work for a rep group with about 30 lines. Here are a few: Scotty downriggers, Owner Hooks, Pro King, Water Gremlin, Opti Tackle, Panther Martin, Yamamoto, Calcutta, Bill Lewis, Star Rods, Sea Striker and a lot more.
Now I recall we had similar talk some time ago! Yeah, no more Penn Yan was killer.

I got my first BB Gun at Chase's in Sodus Point circa 1974. I lived in Sodus a few miles south and we later moved to Newark, 12 miles south of Sodus on Route 88. I wasn't a hunter back then, just a little ankle bighter. The finger lakes region is beautiful. That was all shotgun country back in the day. Shotgun deer hunters were a different breed back then, with their Ithaca 37 feather weights, shooting from the hip! Do you remember the Dolphin in Sodus Point? Foghat played there live back in the late 70's and my older sister went to the show.

I got my first BB Gun at Chase's in Sodus Point circa 1974. I lived in Sodus a few miles south and we later moved to Newark, 12 miles south of Sodus on Route 88. I wasn't a hunter back then, just a little ankle bighter. The finger lakes region is beautiful. That was all shotgun country back in the day. Shotgun deer hunters were a different breed back then, with their Ithaca 37 feather weights, shooting from the hip! Do you remember the Dolphin in Sodus Point? Foghat played there live back in the late 70's and my older sister went to the show.
I started calling on Chase's when I went on the road in '70. I do remember the Dolphin. There were and still are some great watering holes in the Point.