New to reloading from Northern CA

reckless

Hello everyone,

I just ordered my first reloading kit from Lee. I chose the Lee 50th anniversary kit after researching and hearing that it is a good kit to start with. I have been shooting occasionally now for 2 years and would like to get to know more about all the components that go with producing an ammo and the effects of powder, bullet weight, etc.

I currently own a Taurus PT45 (45ACP) hand gun, Savage .22 Mag rifle, and a Vanguard 300 Weatherby Mag rifle. The Weatherby gets a bit expensive shooting, buying off the shelf ammunition, so I wanted to see if I can save some money and shoot more at the same time by reloading my own ammunition.

I hope to learn from more experience reloaders and shooters and appreciate any suggestions, help, and or criticism because it can only make me a better reloader/shooter. Thanks.

Welcome, Reckless!! As you can see, you are surrounded. But don't come out with your hands up. You are among the most knowledgeable, experienced, and sharing folks that ever tripped a trigger. Not a bad place to be. I've floated around this site just a little in the past couple months, and find more answers than I have questions. These folks are all here for the same reason, to share and learn, and teach about our common interests. Enjoy the ride.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.