New to LRH, Intro, Questions?

Good Afternoon,
New to LRH, trying to learn my way around and already I have noticed alot of information and knoweldge from the folks on this site.
I have recently obtained a Remington LR 100 Rangemaster in .204 with 30 boxes of Federal Premiuim V-Shock 39g shells. I have always enjoyed hunting and shooting, but never at long distances, nor with this type of rifle. My question is, is this to much rifle for an average/hobby, hunter/shooter or should I move this one on to someone who can truly apericiate it for what it is. Any input would be of great help
Thanks,
Kenny

What you have is a very fine varmint rifle. Keep it and enjoy it. When you hit a ground squirrel with aht .204 it'll pop ten feet in the air before coming down to it's final resting place.
Wild boar, coyotes, and badgers are also good targets for the .204. I know some guys use them for deer but IMO it's not enough gun to use on anything larger than varmints so I wouldn't do that.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.