new to forum and have a probing quest.

tstromgren

well im new to this forum, and I am just getting back into shooting and I am going to do some longerange shooting and hunting. well my quest is I am buying a scope for varmint hunting. and have one last quest reg ffp sfp. I have read quite a few good posts I just want to understand one last thing. if one has a sfp scope and you use the turets to dial up moa for range, and say you have a 100 yd zero will the click value or moa change with magnification change or will it be the same moa dial up at all mag. I know the reticule is only accurate ate the highest power with sfp if I am correct. I am looking at the vortex hs-t or the pst. but I wanna be clear on ffp or sfp before I buy. I appreciate the help.

tracy

Hi,Tracy and welcome to the forum.

The turret graduations do not change with the zoom on a SFP scope. The graduations on the reticle do though. On a FFP scope neither graduations change.

A tip for the forum -- Post your scope question under the optics forum section and you will get a wealth of information on this subject. It's quite possible not not many will reply to a post to the new member section.

Again, welcome!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.