New to elk hunt

AA-RON B.

Hi guys this season'22 will be my first elk hunt. I'm looking for a 30 heart rifle with a good scope that I can shoot up to 4-800 yards. If anyone has a used one that they want to sell please let me know thanks.

.30 Hart:

The cartridge is 30 Hart which is a 300 Weatherby with a 40 degree Ackley shoulder with a 300 Winchester neck. It was originally designed as a 1000 yard benchrest round before the big 300 magnums came on the scene, but it really makes a nice ultra-long range hunting round. The case capacity of the 30 Hart is right in the middle between a 300 Weatherby and a 300 RUM. Cases are made fire-forming 300 Weatherby as this round can be used in the gun as well.

Opinion and information from another website forum...

;)

Sorry guys I didn't think that gun was not that common. I'm also looking for a Tikka T3 lite in a 300 if anyone has something

Fireforming brass to achieve another case shape is a common practice the world over. Many of the Ackley Improved versions are created by fireforming the shoulder and case body.

Fireforming belted cases makes the whole process easy since the belt acts as the headspace feature. Years ago, we made .300 Weatherby cases by fireforming .300 H&H cases in the chamber. At the time it was actually less expensive to fireform factory .300 H&H ammunition than to buy Weatherby brass.

I've even used standard cases in an improved chamber in competitions with excellent results.

However, if being skittish is a problem, don't ever forget your ammunition when loading for deer camp!;)

😁

Fireforming brass to achieve another case shape is a common practice the world over. Many of the Ackley Improved versions are created by fireforming the shoulder and case body.

Fireforming belted cases makes the whole process easy since the belt acts as the headspace feature. Years ago, we made .300 Weatherby cases by fireforming .300 H&H cases in the chamber. At the time it was actually less expensive to fireform factory .300 H&H ammunition than to buy Weatherby brass.

I've even used standard cases in an improved chamber in competitions with excellent results.

However, if being skittish is a problem, don't ever forget your ammunition when loading for deer camp!;)

😁
You can fire form your brass ,while your elk hunting ,with the wrong ammo ,all you you like .
I would be a little skittish.😁