New Swarovski SLC 58310

switchback

Is anyone savvy on the new Swarovski SLC Binos, the new model # is 58310 for the 10x42. Some web sites show them as HD and the price is $1799. The previous price on the 58210 model was $2249. I was just checking to see if anyone knows the differences. The 58310 model was just released 10/13/13/
Sounds like a lot better price if the binos are HD and comparable.
Any info is appreciated.

The primary difference is that the new 8x and 10x SLCs have a longer closest focus distance. That is, they can't focus at as close a distance as the older SLCs. From what my rep says, Swarovski wanted to reduce the cost of the 8x and 10x SLCs. The engineers found that meeting the close focus specification that naturalists wanted drove the cost up. So, they gave up a little on the close focus distance to create binos that we're more affordable to hunters.

The 15x56 bino on the other hand went up in price due to the HD glass, longer eye relief, and smaller inter-pupil distance.

we just got some in and I really like them. you love the close focus distance, but the optics are still very nice, the binocular still handles well, and it's very comfortable. am I trading in my ELs, no indeed, but these binoculars are tough to beat for the price

Hey thanks guys. I also just found out that they found a less costly outer rubber covering, or a less costly way of bonding it to the magnesium.
This was info I received from europtic.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.