New Swarovski SLC's vs Older model ??

Down Under Hunter

Can anyone tell me if the newer model slc's are that much better than the older model.

I am considering a pair of 15x and have found a couple of older sets at 400- 500 US less than the current model. Being a Leica kind of guy I cant say either way.

What do you suggest ?

Thanks

The newer ones have an improved coating on the optics. It is the coating that was used on the ELs in prior years. There may be other improvements but that is the principle one that I remember.

I have the new version and did not have the old version so I have no way of telling you whether the difference is or is not worth the extra money.

There are special deals at the moment on the SLC 15x56:

The 15x of course is a very specialized bino, in generla use, I would definetly rate and take an EL bino - it has the better optics, wider field of view and is more comfortable to use - I love mine!

Thanks for the link.

I had a look but did not see anything too special. What price have you seen ?

DUH

Pigeon,

CAn you tell me what this converts to in Australian dollars or US dollars.

I dont know how to do the conversion and find out postage cost to zip 3875 Australia.

MAny thanks

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.