New SP project teaser

yorke-1

I have a new project started and the parts are slowly starting to roll in. The action should be here in a few days and the stock showed up yesterday. It's a Joel Russo stock made out of bubinga wood.

The goal is to see how fast I can get a 300 gr OTM from a 20" barrel. I'll update the thread as parts come in.

Andrew

Cool. I've been thinking of a big 338 for an SP too.

I've been playing with the 338/375 ruger in an 18" Striker for a couple years now and it's a ton of fun. That's setup more as a hunting gun though so the weight is down around 8# scoped with a bipod.

I wanted one setup specifically for shooting past 1500 yards. My 284 Striker does well out to about 1300 but really starts to struggle past that. I had a 300 RUM that did alright but just didn't offer much over the 284. For this one I figured that I'd just go so completely over the top that it had to offer some significant gains!:D

Here's the hint on the caliber, I'm using a BAT model CT action.....

Actually there is!

Now I'm just waiting on the barrel. I'm hoping to have this done by January. I have a companion rifle being built that should be done by the first week of December.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.