New rig opinion's

Like your choice in cartridge. Nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with using that even on the Alberta / Saskatchewan deer we have here. Shot placement becomes a bit more crucial, but then again, it should always be.
I've got some experience with the m77 hawkeye. It wouldn't be my first, second, or even third choice. So unless there is some huge sentimental value to you in this specific gun you are thinking of, I wouldn't use it.
My brother has the sightron III scope mentioned. Great scope! That's a keeper.

There is nothing wrong with the Ruger if you are going to use it as is or with a little tinkering (bedding, trigger, cheekpiece, etc.). I have had one custom rifle built on the Ruger action and will not do so again. I like the rifle but finding a smith to work on them is a pain and almost no one makes after market parts for them. They can be found but it will take a lot of searching. I got sick of finding exactly the parts I wanted only to find it is made only for the Rem 700 or Win 70. I have several Ruger rifles I use "as is" and they work great. If I get one that won't shoot I sell it instead of making it into a custom.

Well guy's I got my rifle today. I appreciate everyone's input also. I decided on a Savage in 300wsm. I have had quite a few savages in the past and they have yet to disappoint and I got a great deal.

Well guy's I got my rifle today. I appreciate everyone's input also. I decided on a Savage in 300wsm. I have had quite a few savages in the past and they have yet to disappoint and I got a great deal.

Stan,

I prefer the .300 Win Mag but you made an excellent choice for your intended purpose!

Happy safe shooting/hunting. Cheers!

Ed

Hi everyone, looking for opinions on a new rig that I have built up in my head before I spend the money. Please just comment on this rig and not alternatives. Goal is a 6-800' whitetail and target rig. Rifle is a new Ruger M77 Hawkeye Allweather w/ 26" tube in 6.5 creedmoor. Add kydex adjustable cheek rest, Spec Tech trigger, Harris S BRM and Sightron 6-24x50 MOA-2. Thank's for any feedback from one's that have had first hand experience with any of the above.

Awesome! Enjoy your new rifle. Too funny.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.