new rifles take a look

mo

Wanted to show my two new rifles I had built by a friend of mine plus give him a little plug. Alton Britt, who is owner of Tuf Pak ?Quality Manufacturing Of Industrial Machinery, Part Fabrication, and Custom Automation? and Dixie Precision Rifle Dixie Precision Rifles - Home built both of these for me. Alton is an avid shooter and a master machinist.

We have a new F-class league that started last year, and he was the first to shoot a perfect score with one of his rifles that he had built himself. Alton can think outside the box when it comes to rifle building. If you can think it, he can probably build it. He is very prompt on his work too! Probably shouldn't have told you this now- it will make my wait time longer LOL!

Rifle one: F-class
Action Bat Sv
Barrel Brux 6.5 cal 8.7 twist finished 28 Straight tube
Stock Mccress that Alton had Teflon coated; he also bedded with Devcon steel bed.
Chambered in 6.5x284
Scope Nightforce 12x42 BR.
Rings and bases EGW
Trigger Jewell 2 oz
Weight with scope 20.5 pounds
IMGP0884.jpg

IMGP0885.jpg

IMGP0886-1.jpg

Rifle two:
This is my hunting rifle.
Action Steller Predator
Stock Brown Precision Ultra Light Kevlar Thumb hole Bedded with steel bed and pillars.
Barrel Rock Creek Abs Carbon wrap. Finished length 29 in 8.7 twist cal .284
Contour of barrel is M24
Chambered 7mm wsm
Trigger Jewell
Muzzle brake Jim See Muscle Brake
Paint DuraCoat Alton also painted.
Scope and rings EGW
Scope NightForce NXS 5.5x22
Total weight with Scope 9.9 pounds
IMGP0893.jpg

IMGP0891-1.jpg

IMGP0889.jpg

Last edited:
WOW those are two awsome rifles! I don't even know what I'd do with two rifles like that at the same time!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an 18.15lb-ish weight limit on f-open class rifles?

Eddybo Haven't shot it yet. I've tried to call you several times. Heard you you had been a bit under the weather and wanted to check on you. Hope you are feeling well.

Very nice rigs!!!
#1 looks like a real accurate shooter, must be fun.
#2 awesome looks for a hunting rig.
CONGRATS

Having the benefit of seeing the two rifles in person, I can say they look even sharper than the photos can do justice. I have no doubt that they will be shooters, since I have had to shoot against Alton, the builder for the last 3 years in f-class competitions.

And talk about a good buddy, Mo said that if I ever draw a sheep tag I can use the light-weight 7 WSM.

Very nice rigs. How much weight do you think you lost going with the ABS Carbon wrap? I've got a predator on my F-class .308 and been wanting to do a light weight hunting rig with the same action. You nailed it. Keep us posted.....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.