New Rem. 700 in 7mm-08

MagTen

I visited a gun shop in mtns. of NC this week and held several new camo M700 7mm-08s. One was a 22" barrel and one was an 20" barrel and gun was slight bit smaller. With the 7mm-08 would either barrel shoot well at 200-300 yards?

I have a 700 remi 7mm-08 great caliber
Have shot it out to 500 yards on game it does well ,
Shoot .5 at 100

It shoot accubonds 140 s right at 2750 fps

Deadly on Texas deer and hogs do not like it either :D

I have a TC encore in 7MM-08 shoots very well manageable recoil, shoot very well for deer I would say 30YDs with a good round should not be a problem.

I have the Rem 700 in 243, and the 10th rounds down the pipe and I was covering with a penny in 2 shot groups while sighting in.

I have floated the barrel and have a B/C stock. Also lighten the trigger.

I tried the factory rem scope and it wouldn't reach paper, didn't bother to check mounts as the factory Glass has a marriage with an air rifle in its close future, for the price and caliber the 7mm-08 is an awesome round. Easy to load...

I have a TC encore in 7MM-08 shoots very well manageable recoil, shoot very well for deer I would say 30YDs with a good round should not be a problem.

I have the Rem 700 in 243, and the 10th rounds down the pipe and I was covering with a penny in 2 shot groups while sighting in.

I have floated the barrel and have a B/C stock. Also lighten the trigger.

I tried the factory rem scope and it wouldn't reach paper, didn't bother to check mounts as the factory Glass has a marriage with an air rifle in its close future, for the price and caliber the 7mm-08 is an awesome round. Easy to load...

Im stumped on those factory Remington scopes.. If they didnt have glass in them....Id lay bets on them being best as HAMMERS!

This was the first round I ever reloaded for and I love it. Varget or 4064 will print a small clover at 100 yds with Nosler 120 or the Sierra's.

Re: New Rem. Model 7 243 Predator today.

After searching the Rem. website I found just the gun I have been looking for. A Model 7 Predator camo fluted 22" barrel in a 243. Picked it up today in Charlotte after a week of waiting to get shipped in. Gun feels great & I an impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.