• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED NEW PRICE Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor Brass - Standard and Palma FREE SHIPPING, NO C/C FEES

image.jpgclownbuster, here's a pic of the 5 shot group I settled on using your 6.5 creedmoor Lupua brass, longer range testing this weekend!

For long range, 1000+, Rl17 seems to be my go to powder. I use Imr 4350 for benchrest accuracy shots, inside 600yards. Can get much faster loads with rl17 without pressure signs

BRAND NEW TO THE 6.5 AND WANTING TO BENCH REST 90 % OF THE TIME PLEASE EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE FOR THE LAPUA 6.5 CREEDMOOR BETWEEN THE STANDARD & PALMA...THANKS IN ADVANCElightbulb

Standard vs Palma- This question has been raised with some frequency. While I'm no expert, I've collected some data from actual observations and feedback from shooters. Member/customers will read below and recognize some of this:

Depending on what your intended purposes for the brass and your rifle (assuming a bolt-action), here's what we've learned from Lapua "Palma" brass...

Fundamental:
Use of a little quicker burn-rate powder is optimal.

Pros:
-Reported smaller ES/SD (all variables being equal).
-For guys developing "Nuclear" loads, 4 to 5 firings vs 2 firings before primers pockets start to loosen up (if that's an intended purpose).
-Normal to max pressure loading can result in brass life of 40+ loadings (with annealing and proper care)
-Cases and primer pockets holistically hold up better to the abuse reaching for higher velocity accuracy nodes.

Cons:
-A FEW isolated recorded ignition issues in VERY cold weather. Appropriate powder choice is critical in this environment with any loads.

Palma feedback has been very good. Guys are reporting smaller ES/SD with the Palma version (again, all variables being equal). From 600 meters in, that doesn't equate to much over the standard primer brass performance. 600 and beyond to 1000 however, your into a reasonable argument for the Palma. Coupled with the favorable availability of small rifle primers and the thicker, more robust webbing in the Palma's case head resulting in prolonged primer pocket lifespan, is making the Palma increasingly popular.

S. Grasseth

I'll take a 100 standard. Pm me with payment info. I do have a few q's for you also.
Thanks

Recent Posts