new powder

Bob S.

I'm thinking about changing powders for my 22-250 and 243. Been using H380 but I think I can find something a little more consistent. Anyone had good luck with varget? will be using a 50 grain hornady vmax or nosler ballistic tip in the 22-250 and 80 grain nosler ballistic tip for the 243.Any other suggestions would definately be appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about changing powders for my 22-250 and 243. Been using H380 but I think I can find something a little more consistent. Anyone had good luck with varget? will be using a 50 grain hornady vmax or nosler ballistic tip in the 22-250 and 80 grain nosler ballistic tip for the 243.Any other suggestions would definately be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a goodmove--varget will serve you well.

JB

Thanks for the replies guys. I picked up some varget and will load up some rounds this weekend. Probably get to test em out mid next week. I'll let you know how they do.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.