New Powder- RL 33

The world needs good slow powders. There seems to be a large gap in the tail end. By that I mean, and these are accuracy loads not max but the really slow go about 87 gr wc 872 in my 6.5 STW and Retumbo goes around 78 gr. That's a 15-17% gap. I know there are the vihta vouri ones like for the 50 cal but still. Anyone try RL 50 yet. Probably slower than H50BMG??

The world needs good slow powders. .... Anyone try RL 50 yet. Probably slower than H50BMG??

Reminds of a famous NC 1k shooter who loved to put down RL 27 as his powder of choice. He claimed he got it by "mixing" RL 22 and RL 25 to a secret blend.lightbulb

Seems he finally got a phone call from Alliant asking him to stop, as everyone was calling them and wanting to know the "formula" for the mix. In reality he was shooting RL 22, but loved pulling the legs of the uninformed and had a lot of fun doing it.:D

Sounds intriguing! Does not say when we can expect to see any but with any luck before summer. I ahve had very good results with all their powder in the past hopefully more of the same!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.