New Plan - LR Rig lwt .308

ahiaring

I have scrapped my plan a couple post down about a long range Remington 700...Being realistic here - for me a long shot is 400 yards on a game animal. I need to learn and practice to get comfortable to 600 yards on a deer/elk. With that in Mind, I am going to modify a current rifle I have.

Tikka T3 Lite .308. I know this isn't the best LR rig, however it is the most accurate rifle I have that I know inside and out. Shoots 168 ballistic silvertips at 2800 fps into 3/4" at 200 yards. I have a Warne 1 piece base with medium warne rings. Scope will be my trusty Vortex PST 4-16X50 mrad.

Charts so this round 1950 FPS and 1450 lbs energy at 600 yards...That will put a deer or elk in it's place. Once I feel I am up to the task of going further, I will move up to a larger round.

I do plan to verify my loads and send in to Kenton Industries for a yardage turrent for the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.