Gordon1

A couple of days ago I explained a rifle I'm really interested in trying to develop to try some long range shooting, the Thompson Center Icon Precision Hunter .308win. with a Vortex scope and TPS rings. I'm kinda new to this type of precision shooting,I can stand my own ground when it comes to reloading, but I would really like some help in determining if I might be barking up the wrong tree by investing my time and money into a rifle that for the likes of me I can't find a complete and precise review of exact load development and firing conditions listed on any web site. Keep in mind that it's a 22in barrel with a 1 in 10 twist. I'm thinking that I might have bought a 500yd to 600yd shooter instead of a 1000yd rifle, but hopefully a little time and patience might pay off. I'll be the first to admit I didn't do my homework, but it is what it is. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated to try to make this a rifle to preform to my expectations. Since I'm new to this I'm not too sure if I'm doing the right things to receive comments back a little help there wouldn't hurt either. Since I'm done the next thing is Trackback,what should I put their?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.