New member need pro help

Deep valley

New to site and would appreciate pro help. I have a 300RUM sako 85 I recently had a McMillan stock added. I have been reloading since new 15years. I have a gunsmith lined up to install a new barrel. I need advice as to what barrel to take him for build, and any advice on changing up or stick to the 300RUM? I do want to be able to touch lands if need to, was not even close with stock set up. I want a 1000yard tack driver and the set up to do so.
Thanks

New to site and would appreciate pro help. I have a 300RUM sako 85 I recently had a McMillan stock added. I have been reloading since new 15years. I have a gunsmith lined up to install a new barrel. I need advice as to what barrel to take him for build, and any advice on changing up or stick to the 300RUM? I do want to be able to touch lands if need to, was not even close with stock set up. I want a 1000yard tack driver and the set up to do so.
Thanks
plus one on the RUM and I would not discount a benchmark or kreiger barrel either so many good barrel makers these days

I agree,They are all really good, And I meant to say this prior, I'm no Pro by any means
I remember the days of maybe four really good barrel makers now there is probably 20 to 30 many we have not even heard of yet kind of like actions everybody and their brother is in the action business now its really good days for us so many good options to choose from and wait times have shortened

If you want to be able to load to the lands with a RUM cartridge in the SAKO and have them fit in the magazine you will need a shorter throat reamer than SAAMI spec. If you're going to stick a high BC bullet (such as 225 ELDM) way down into the powder column you might want to consider something like a 30 Nosler. If you're going to load them one at a time no problem.......

I've had very good luck with Bartlein, Brux and Lilja barrels

JM2C

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts