New member in Idaho

clearriverguy

Lived in Orofino, ID most of my life. Currently l
I call myself clearriverguy because for a few years there I was obsessed with steelhead fishing on the Clearwater River. I have been a hunter all of my life (62), but I have never killed anything beyond 400 yards. I have recently bought a good rifle, scope and rangefinder to start learning how to increase my range. I have been doing a lot of reading of forums and reviews to begin my education. I really appreciate the knowledge and experience that I have seen here. I am the quiet type, so you won't hear a lot out of me, but I wanted to just say hello and thank you.

Welcome to LongRangeHunting. Now that you have a new rifle and rangefinder it's time to stretch it on out past 400 yards. Let us know how it goes. :)

Welcome from a fellow Idahoan! I'm going to leap to the conclusion that you live in the North central portion of the state somewhere near your beloved river. You're lucky, that is a particularly beautiful portion of the state. Love hunting whitetails up there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.