New member from CA

Apollo

Hi my name is Alex but I go by Apollo. I live in northern California in wine country. I'm a long range shooting enthusiast learning to hunt in a state that is not too friendly to hunters and marksmen. Lets just say that the state wide ban on lead ammunition on public land is not something I'm keen on.

I usually bow hunt for pigs on public land but this year I'll be doing long range rifle hunting for deer and coyotes. If the occasional pig wanders through my crosshairs I'll take that too.

I shoot an AR-15, and AR-10 and if it ever comes in I'll be shooting my 338LM. It would be an understatement to say that I'm looking forwards to the increase in range and firepower.

I use Barnes bullets in my current rifles but I'm looking at those 275gr Lazers from CE for my 338. The relatively high BC and low expansion threshold of 1,500 fps looks like a winner. If anyone has any info on those I would be keen to hear it.

Hi my name is Alex but I go by Apollo. I live in northern California in wine country. I'm a long range shooting enthusiast learning to hunt in a state that is not too friendly to hunters and marksmen. Lets just say that the state wide ban on lead ammunition on public land is not something I'm keen on.

I usually bow hunt for pigs on public land but this year I'll be doing long range rifle hunting for deer and coyotes. If the occasional pig wanders through my crosshairs I'll take that too.

I shoot an AR-15, and AR-10 and if it ever comes in I'll be shooting my 338LM. It would be an understatement to say that I'm looking forwards to the increase in range and firepower.

I use Barnes bullets in my current rifles but I'm looking at those 275gr Lazers from CE for my 338. The relatively high BC and low expansion threshold of 1,500 fps looks like a winner. If anyone has any info on those I would be keen to hear it.

Alex,

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Born in San Diego but as a Navy brat moved all over. Fairfield was my home of records and the last time I resided in CA was 1989. Both my wife and I still have families there. I retired from USAF in 1987 but still works for the Dept of the AF ... but now I lived in God's country since 2003.:):D:rolleyes::cool:gun)

Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.