New Load Is Inconsistent

'Nellie' taught me not to clean the barrel so much. Don't change anything but the cleaning. Just don't clean for 20 rounds......5 min between shots = cool barrel and you will know one valuable fact.....What SHE likes. {:>) All it will cost is time and one box! Then you will for ever know. Worked for me.

OleMan...thanks for the advice (it only took me about $100 in extra powder to realize you are right). I did not listen to your advice at first so I went out and bought about $100 in new powder (a few different kinds) and got a few good groups. Then I thought back to your advice and I reloaded the 99 grains of Retumbo load and shot from a cool barrell (every time) and the barrell had a number of rounds already down it.

Bottom line, the 3 shot group I made was .112"...barely noticably larger than a 1 shot hole!!!

You were right, my gun just likes a dirty barell that is cool. I should have listened to you sooner.

Thanks,
Fred

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts