New Leica CRF 1200 coming out

Skinny Shooter

Not sure if this has been posted yet.
Other than waterproofing, new eyecup and a new vertical grip style, not sure if this unit is any better than the standard 1200 Scan model. Going for approx $700.00
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Stopped in at Cabela's today and was talking about returning my Elite 1500.
Looked at the 1200 and they said the new CRF is coming in May.
Still not sure if the Leica 1200 Scan will offer improved performance over the Bushnell unit. That's the big question right there...
It's hard to justify $900 for the Swaro. Still want it though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Now if Swaro upgrades their unit the way some of you folks are talking about, maybe I should wait on getting rid of the Elite 1500 and upgrade next year.
Roy, saw your thread about Leica issues and that worries me too.
And then the new RX IV is coming and am not sure of it's performance.

Tough decisions and I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks

Skinny,

CRX has same laser specs (divergence, etc) as the 1200. Don't know what that means, though. A little improvement anywhere in the system may make a large difference? They've had a couple of years to look at things and they don't sit on their hands...

However, w/tripod performance improved. With tripod and new batter performance improved further.

I think I'll keep it though and go through another hunting season with it. In the field I actually find it difficult to be where shots over 800 yds can be expected. The one place where a possible 900 yard shot exists I have ranged consistently to 920.

Besides if I stretched the shot over 950 on the ol' rifle the bolt would most probably fall off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to justify $900 for the Swaro. Still want it though

[/ QUOTE ]

for $700 you can get a used on from swfa

d-a

[ QUOTE ]
Besides if I stretched the shot over 950 on the ol' rifle the bolt would most probably fall off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah Roy, that would be a heartbreak... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Took the Elite out today in bright sun and tried ranging again. Got readings off trees and hills out to 800 and homes and barns to 1000. It did better today than the other times it was out.

d-a, thanks for the heads up. Like camera equipment, I've found that new equipment is the way to go. I try to buy local for big ticket items when possible. That way, if something goes wrong I can talk with the dealer face to face. Cabela's is more salty in some things, but their liberal return policy and only being 25min's away keeps me going back.

Allen

Cabela's called and said the Leica 1200 Scan was in. Went over there with my Elite 1500 and did some comparison testing outside the store.
The farthest I could range was 1049yds with both units. They both ranged the same objects with an approx 2 to 3 yard difference in readings. The Leica was a bit harder to hold steady with its push button. It's also not waterproof, the Bushie is. Am definitely staying with the Bushie unit for now. Maybe better units will be out next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.