Leica 1200 revised for 2006

Ian M

No big surpise, now held vertically, looks like a bigger eyepiece similar to Swarovski. Will be interesting.

Ian

If one wants to accurately measure distances to 1200 yards, say it be a rock, coyote, deer, elk, and in poorer conditions then say great conditions. Would it be better to buy the Leica 1200 or Swaro 1500? I went to sportsmans the other day and was looking at all there rangefinders. The guy behind the counter tried telling me the Bushnell elite 1500 was not that bad, but I'm no bushnell fan. The nikon monarch 1200 seems nice, but I have the monarch in the 800 and am not that impressed with it. I have got readings out to 900 with it on elk on good days. But it has its bad days where I cant range a yote and I know he aint farther then 600. That really irks me. If I'm gonna spend the money, I only want to spend it once more. The swaro seemed to be twice as clear as the Leica and to me it almost seems you could use the Swaro as binoculars.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.