1a 002.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 59
  • 1a 009.jpg
    1a 009.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 1a 011.jpg
    1a 011.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 56
hey hey.. that is sexy! How much did you pay for that. I am in the market for a good break that reduces recoil along with muzzle jump! Please let us know how the test goes. Make a freaking video! haha

The Holland brakes are about $100 and I paid a local gunsmith $65 to index thread the barrel.

If it can do near 50% reduction it should stay on target

I have one on my 6mm and it works well. I like the holland brakes for the smaller cals. It is nice to watch the PD's go poof in the scope even at close range.

Jeff

100 dollars! **** I was preparing to pay about 350 dollars including installation. I will definitely look into the hollands.

When you test that bad boy try and remember...

-the recoil reductions
-muzzle rise
-Noise increase
-gas dispersion
-ease of cleaning

I would really like to see a report on all of those subject if possible! I dont know much about muzzlebrakes and I am really interested in this exact brake and would love to learn more. Be safe sir!

BTW Broz.. would you recommend a different brake for a bigger caliber sayyyyyy a .300wsm.. like (vias, the musclebrake, etc)

What a fun day at friends personal bench rest range. elevation 4700 feet. Took the chrono to just check our loads speed. my 100gr were right at the 3208 mark and my 80 grain sierra spbt's were right at 3430. they have a simular impact point at 250 yrd "zero"

46.3 gr of ram shot hunter 100gr

46 gr of h414 80 gr

on 24X I was not knocked off target I was shooting metal targets spread across the hill side and it was fun to see the impacts.

The noise with my shooting head phones was nill. I stood thirty feet off behind without ear protection and the blast was loud.

I put 80 rounds out and it was just fun with heavy gun and and a brake

I have a holland radial on my 338 Lapua AI and it greatly reduces recoil. IMO, non better especially for the money.

I have seen and shot most of the others, all work well. Just a matter of money and which one you like.

BH

Did I see a decrease............ Yes I believe that Darrel Holland tested many models to come up with what was the best. I had a 30-378 with a factory brake on a 28 inch barrel I believe that these guys test them and give you the best they can.

I just don't have the true test data. Many years ago I was given a 458 win mag 26 inch barrel with 200 rounds of 405 barns X and 510 gr round nose He had one shot the big 5 in africa.

I went to Alaska and did the big browns and loaned it friends on SFI who did the big 5

All with no brake

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.