new here and a new rifle!

I have not shot it yet. it is the 6.5 creedmore. Sorry I thought people what know. Cant wait until this week end to start setting it up. The rings are 30MM steel, and the base is the 2 piece bases. Most of the others I have are 1 piece but are long action. not sure if it matters.
I prefer to set mine up with a 20 moa one piece base. Your way will work just fine if you're scope has plenty of elevation travel.

Welcome, jump in, the water's fine.

You'll have a lot of fun with that little 6.5 once you find a good load for it.

I'm more amazed every day with the Utility and Killing power of the 6.5's.

anyone use the leupold that I have? vx 3 6.5 x 20 x 50 30mm tube. I have a couple 3x9 vx2's. One is atleast 30 years old and still good.

anyone use the leupold that I have? vx 3 6.5 x 20 x 50 30mm tube. I have a couple 3x9 vx2's. One is atleast 30 years old and still good.
No but I"ve had a couple of them and still have one of the Mark IV's in 6.5-20x50's.

I'm slowly replacing my existing scopes with VX6's in either 3-18x50 or 4-24x52's.

The vx6 would be nice but right now is more than I care to spend.
Oh I understand that. If you're looking and want to stay with Leupold do what I do and try to find them used here in the classifieds or on Ebay. Doesn't matter if you get one that's got a problem because the warranty is on the scope and lasts a lifetime.

Another good option that's much cheaper is the VX3I series. The 4.5-14x50 is a great scope for the money.

The Zeiss Conquest HD line is well worth a look too as are the Trijicon Accupoint TR23 5-20x50.

I have several of the Trijicon's riding AR's and Dangerous Game rifles and have been extremely pleased with them. I have one of the TR23's on my 6.5LRM and it's fantastic for low light predator and hog hunting.

If you look you can find them new at or right around 1,000.00 and used for around 700.00.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.