New guy with 338 AM bug.

wolffman

My name is Robert and I have been reading on this site for months and especially reading about the 338 Allen Mag and I just placed an order a few weeks ago. I am pumped and glad to be here. Kirby has ordered everything so now its just a waiting game but one I am definitely willing to wait for. I am in Durant, OK but am originally from Gillette, WY. I love hunting out west and go at least 3 times a year for antelope, mule deer, elk and whatever else I can draw for. Just wanted to say hi and look forward to posting some things. My current long range rifle is a Weatherby Accumark 30-378 glass bedded tuned trigger with a Leupold VX-7L 4.5x18. I love this gun but after reading about the 338 AM there is no comparison.

Welcome aboard! This site is great, I've learned more here than on any other site. What components is Kirby using for your build?

Welcome,

When you shoot your 338AM for the first time, you will be speachless! I still don't have words to describe it.

Welcome to the site,

AJ

Thanks everyone,

Basically it is almost exactly like AJ's. It has a 70%black 15%white 15%grey stock but other then that is pretty much the same. I am topping it with a nightforce 5.5-22 50mm with sterostops and NPR1 reticle. If you want to know anything else just let me know.

Robert

338 AM from Kirby, that's all a man needs;:) for real long range that is. You'll be very happy with yours. For shorter distances we need some more toys...:rolleyes:

hi also so been pondering about a 338am i'm from Pa does anyone know if Kirby has a site or any info about his rifle thanks Ryan

rwest,

Welcome to LRH. There is a lot of info on this site about Kirby and his Allen cartridges. I myself have a 375 Allen Mag in the process of getting finished up. Kirby is generally too busy to keep up with a website.

A search for 338 Allen Magnum will bring up a lot of info on the 338, and comparisons to the 'smaller' 338's.

Or shoot him an E-mail at [email protected] - Yes, the spelling is correct.

Thanks for the info. I was doing searchs on it over the net and a lot of them lead me here. A lot of great info Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.