New Guy / New Rifle

bshaw

Hi All,

I've been hanging around in the background for a few months. I've been mainly a pistol shooter for the past 35 yrs.or so but am getting the itch to kill and eat something, so I'm looking at long guns again. Been playing with an old Mauser for most of the past year and decided to buy a new Remington 700 SPS Varminter in .308, it'll be here next week. My question is barrel break in

I know, I know, its been covered over and over again here and at 6mmBR but that is just my dilemma You shoot and clean, shoot and clean! No its a waste of time! You must use Final Finish! My head is about to explode.

Now I have owned quite a few new pistols and built several myself and have never done a barrel break in, I do however clean my pistols every time I shoot and completely disassemble them about every fourth trip to the range.

So whats up? I plan on having this gun for some time and if my interest turns out to follow my history I'll own several before to long and have to set aside another part of my basement for reloading and what not.

Thanks

David :confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.