New guy in VA.

cpttango30

Hello all. I live just down street from Quantico. I have seen and heard there were some f-class matches going on there. That is the main reason I joined. I'm an avid varmint hunter with hopes of making the VHA 500 and 1000 yard club someday. Right now I would settle for a good place to wipe out some Virginia ground hogs. Finding a place to hunt around this area (Northern Virginia) is hard to come by and the 10 or so farmers I have asked said flat out no way no how.

Below are a few pictures of my 308. It is a 1917 Rem Enfield action with a Douglass Match barrel and a custom black walnut stock with a 6-24x40mm Bushnell elite 4200. My plan is to in the near future is to have Don of SPU Weapons put a one piece 20moa base on it. I also would like to add a Richard microfit Prone / Culbertson Style stock to it.

109_2868.jpg

109_2867.jpg

109_2865.jpg

Not being sure how this board is with the posting of pictures with slightly dead animals I will refraine from posting my 223. It is a remington 700 VLS with a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40mm Timney trigger and Callahan firing pin. The only picture I have is of it me and a slightly dead groundhog (It's first blood) that I nailed on my rifle range.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. Buffalobob will probably get with you about F-class shooting at Quantico as he spends some time there.;)

Good looking gun. Good luck with your upgrades and keep us posted as to how it all goes.

This is a long range hunting site and as such, I've never known of a hunting related picture being pulled although the general consensus is that people tend to try and keep them reasonably tolerable as some may view them while eating dinner.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Post the pic so we can see what a "slightly dead" groundhog looks like.:)

Ok here it goes. The reason I am cautious is that some hunting related message boards have some really old school guys on there AKA fuddy duddy who don't like graphic pictures posted.

Here it is. Not long range at all seeing as I nailed him with a 50gr V-Max at a whopping 75 yards (He was eating grass around my 75 yard marker).

SD530004.jpg

Come on out Sunday and meet everyone. We will have target pullers so you won't get to experience the joys of trying to remember whether to put black on white or white on black or white on white and black on black. Some days it gets pretty humorous.

Thanks Bob! Looking at turning my 700 SPS V 243 Win into 243 AI. Gotta couple of old family guns that i would like to get the once over and blued.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts