New Guy In Indiana

mulsas

Just joined up, came over here as a part of looking to the future for hunting with my son. He is now 13, and we are still working on getting him his first whitetail. After which, maybe I will get a turn. He got really interested in hunting a few years ago, and though I knew nothing about it and didn't have any other family as a resource, I have tried to learn enough to be the mentor.

I had a chance to go with some friends to Zion for a couple days backcountry hiking, hard work but had a great time. Combine that with hunting, and that now sounds like the ultimate. Haven't told him yet, but have just purchased a WY Antelope point for him, that may be a 16th bday present. My son and I have started doing some marksmanship programs here. Basic programs are 22 lr at 25 yards. Did our second one this Fall, he beat me by one point, and scored rifleman. Looking forward to doing one of their longer distance shoots next year, centerfire out to at least 400 yards I think.

Just here to learn and soak it all in.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.