New guy from Texas

DUCKMAN11

Long time lurker... been a member for less than a week so I figured I ought to say hello..... so hello everyone.

I guess I should say a little about myself. Like my username implies I'm an avid duck hunter. I hunt mostly west of the DFW area for waterfowl. I'm also a big BIG fisherman.....not a bass fisherman but a "fish fry fish" kinda fisherman lol. I also make some of my own lures and knives as well and enjoy a good glass of scotch around the campfire at night.

I've been a deer hunter since I was 7. Shot my first deer "a spike" at 10 years old with a 30-30win. That was 30 years ago and has been an obsession ever since.

5 years ago we moved deer camp out west of Seymour Texas and thats where the long range bug hit me like a Mack truck!! Most of our shots on deer are less than 200yds.....but feral hogs are a different story. We have a 2 mile long winter wheat field that we are allowed to shoot only hogs in just on the other side of the fence. Longest shot I've made so far was 1110yds, first shot anchored the boar and the 2nd sent him to "the happy hunting grounds". I got into reloading 4 years ago trying to squeeze every drop of performance out of a 25-06 10tw and got some 115vlds to do some impressive things but just ran out of patience trying to make it into something it's not. So I stepped up to a 300prc and it does what I need it to for now. Been thinking about a fast twist 25-06AI or 25 sherman lately especially with the high BC quarter bore bullets out now.

This forum has cost me hundreds of dollars while saving me thousands lol. I'm thankful for the wealth of knowledge the members here give so willingly. It's definitely shortened the learning curve!

Anyhow.....thats the readers digest version.

Long time lurker... been a member for less than a week so I figured I ought to say hello..... so hello everyone.

I guess I should say a little about myself. Like my username implies I'm an avid duck hunter. I hunt mostly west of the DFW area for waterfowl. I'm also a big BIG fisherman.....not a bass fisherman but a "fish fry fish" kinda fisherman lol. I also make some of my own lures and knives as well and enjoy a good glass of scotch around the campfire at night.

I've been a deer hunter since I was 7. Shot my first deer "a spike" at 10 years old with a 30-30win. That was 30 years ago and has been an obsession ever since.

5 years ago we moved deer camp out west of Seymour Texas and thats where the long range bug hit me like a Mack truck!! Most of our shots on deer are less than 200yds.....but feral hogs are a different story. We have a 2 mile long winter wheat field that we are allowed to shoot only hogs in just on the other side of the fence. Longest shot I've made so far was 1110yds, first shot anchored the boar and the 2nd sent him to "the happy hunting grounds". I got into reloading 4 years ago trying to squeeze every drop of performance out of a 25-06 10tw and got some 115vlds to do some impressive things but just ran out of patience trying to make it into something it's not. So I stepped up to a 300prc and it does what I need it to for now. Been thinking about a fast twist 25-06AI or 25 sherman lately especially with the high BC quarter bore bullets out now.

This forum has cost me hundreds of dollars while saving me thousands lol. I'm thankful for the wealth of knowledge the members here give so willingly. It's definitely shortened the learning curve!

Anyhow.....thats the readers digest version.
Thanks for joining, what a blast , shooting hogs way out there.
Plus a few less hogs won't hurt.