New from Washington state

Ckgworks

Hello All!
New here from Washington state. I have been reading here for quite awhile and finally joined....Thanks for all of the info I've picked up so far! I am, and probably always will be an archery hunter first, but I really enjoy reloading, paper punching and ringing steel at long range. The areas I hunt Blacktails in Western Washington are not real conducive to long range shots.......in fact my longest rifle kill on a deer, is the same as my closest bow kill, a whopping 12 feet! Someday, I'll go after Mulies out East though, and I want to be ready.
I'm no gunsmith, but I enjoy tinkering on guns and building stocks from scratch. I'm raising a family so hobby money is tight, and time is tighter but my children are finally getting to hunting age, so the real fun begins, and it's easier to make time! Anyway, Thanks again....I'll add info where I'm able but mostly I'm here to learn what I can!

Hello! I've hunted that side of the state, and get the close range shooting! Long range does offer aa alternative to brush whacking, good luck,

I'm in everett we have the best of both worlds here in washington . Shot my muley during the high hunt at 476 yds and the year before a blacktail at 20 yds same gun and scope . Great site to learn from helpful folk.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.