New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I've found

Inukshuk

Inukjuak, Canadian Eastern Arctic 59 parallel
New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I\'ve found

My gunsmith recently introduced me to a new cleaning method which I ordered asap and tried as soon as it got here and WOW. I have never been able to clean my rifle this clean so fast with so little effort in 16 years. It cleans everything out from gun powder,carbon, well all metal fouling's. It's in a can like shaving cream". Shove the nozzle in one end of the barrel and shoot for one second then let go, but hold in place approximately 3 seconds untill it starts to come out the other end, then remove nozzle. It will expand and you can even leave it soak up to 36 hrs if necessary.
Once that is done I then use "Gun Juice" which cleans and treats your firearms. It is far superior to oils because it provides excellent lubrication and is a "Dry Film" lubricant that will not attract dirt, dust or grit which can permanently damage a firearm. It increases muzzle velocity, improves accuracy and consistency, reduces wear from friction and prevents rust and corrosion.
These two products are awsome. You just gotta check them out.
For more info:
WIPE-OUT ™ BRUSHLESS BORE CLEANER
http://www.sharpshootr.com/

Gun Juice Dry Film Lubricant "Under Support you can download the instructions in pdf".
http://www.microlon.com/gun_metal_treatment.php

Re: New Fire arms Cleaning method, The Best I\'ve found

WOW - Sounds like a commercial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use Wipe-Out periodically and am satisfied with its performance. But if you really want to see this stuff work fast - use WipeOut's "Accelerator" first. The blue slime will pour out like ink. It cuts the dwell time way down.

One thing that I noticed while using just the WipeOut foam and letting it sit overnight - it cleans the bottom half of the bore better than the top half. Obviously the stuff settles in the bore. You may want to foam a second time with the rifle inverted.

I also use WO w/ Accelerator with good satisfaction.

[ QUOTE ]
WOW - Sounds like a commercial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use Wipe-Out periodically and am satisfied with its performance. But if you really want to see this stuff work fast - use WipeOut's "Accelerator" first. The blue slime will pour out like ink. It cuts the dwell time way down.

One thing that I noticed while using just the WipeOut foam and letting it sit overnight - it cleans the bottom half of the bore better than the top half. Obviously the stuff settles in the bore. You may want to foam a second time with the rifle inverted.

[/ QUOTE ]

My gunsmith told me the same thing, so I called SharpShoot-R about this and they told me that because of it's expansion it doesn't settle to the bottom and is good to up to 36 hrs in the barrel. Anyways I did as they said and it did great. But now that it's clean and I have treated the barrel with Microlon's Gun Juice I shouldn't need anything else but the Gun Juice after. Anyways I'll find out soon enough.

So - has your smith determined what "gun juice" does for accuracy. Are any of the benchrest people using this stuff?

[ QUOTE ]
Inuk...been using the stuff since early...

wasted a lot of foam before I started using tubing to get it where it needs to go...

www.6mmbr.com/jbwipeout.html

JB

[/ QUOTE ]

If your talking about the Wipe Out I also had a lot of foam the first time. I left the tube in more that a second and it wasn't in all the way. My second try I pushed in the tube all the way from the action and counted properly one one thousand then let go, and held it in place until it started coming out the other end then pulled it out. Now it worked great. And I am still amazed at how well it cleans compared to what I had before.

[ QUOTE ]
So - has your smith determined what "gun juice" does for accuracy. Are any of the benchrest people using this stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

TacShot

My smith thought me a lot but I learnt more when I called Microlon about it. They were very nice and helpful.Download their pdf it will explain a lot. Anyways here goes. Very important to shake the bottle before using it. Wet a patch and scrub it through about 4 times to foam it, then shoot. Repeat this 20 times, then use a dry patch to clean it out.When firing the rifle it opens the barrels pores and the juice sinks in and after the procedure it leaves a dry film lubricant that will not attract dirt, dust or grit . This way it's as one would say more slippery like teflon, so you get more velocity and accuracy since their is less resistance. Now because the pores are sealed you don't have to clean it as often because all the crap can't hang to anything. They told me I could clean it about every 500 shots, but I could use one wet patch after the rang if I was a maniac, but not necessary,So with all this your barrel will last a lot longer, less cleaning, faster, and more precise. Do not use a brush.
Well hope this helps. Me I'm believer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh don't order the 1 oz bottle. Order the 4 oz one.

As for the benchrest people I don't know, but it should definetly be an advantage.

I find that it is important to keep the gun level so both top and bottom of the barrel get clean. Also, the accelorator is important. I use a mop to apply a nice coat of it and then shoot the wipeout in. I do notice that its get stick after 24 hours so I don't wait much longer.

I do not use anything else. I do put a very light oil on the OUTSIDE of my barrel to shine it up. But, on the inside, only wipeout. I was nervous last year about not oiling and relying on wipeout's rust inhibitors, but there were no problems so now I have total confidence.

Wipe Out also works to remove any light surface oxidation on the outside of stainless steel barrels and seems to restore the finish to "as new" condition. The product does NOT cause rust, etc.,...or at least I have never had such an experience. Wipe it on the outside of an SS barrel and it makes it look like new. I have no idea if it affects a chrome-moly barrel in the same way.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.