New Elk, Moose, Bear Rifle

quandary

Picked up the rifle from my FFL friend yesterday and just mounted up the scope on a new rifle for Elk, Moose and Bear. 300 Win Mag 7.2 lbs. without optics. 8.4 lbs with scope and rail mounted.

Tikka T3X magnum action and trigger
Proof Tikka pre-fit barrel 24"
Mesa Precision Tikka pre-fit stock
Mountain Tactical bottom metal and mags
Lil' Bastard Break
Action glass bedded
Bolt fluted
Cerakoted action, bottm metal, bolt and barrel ends
Swarovski Z5 3.5 to 18 ballistic turret

Assembled and sourced through J&A Outdoors. Very good folks to work with. Now off to the range to see if it shoots.

IMG_2391.jpeg

Picked up the rifle from my FFL friend yesterday and just mounted up the scope on a new rifle for Elk, Moose and Bear. 300 Win Mag 7.2 lbs. without optics. 8.4 lbs with scope and rail mounted.

Tikka T3X magnum action and trigger
Proof Tikka pre-fit barrel 24"
Mesa Precision Tikka pre-fit stock
Mountain Tactical bottom metal and mags
Lil' Bastard Break
Action glass bedded
Bolt fluted
Cerakoted action, bottm metal, bolt and barrel ends
Swarovski Z5 3.5 to 18 ballistic turret

Assembled and sourced through J&A Outdoors. Very good folks to work with. Now off to the range to see if it shoots.

View attachment 469730
That's a great looking hunting rifle! I think if many of us would have a rifle assembled for the field, our parts list would look real similar to that, including the assembler. I'm sure it will shoot great!

First I load handgun but not rifle, so commercial loads. For hunting loads I have in stock 200gr Federal Terminal Ascent and 185gr Berger Classic Hunters. The TA's shoot really well in my Browning BAR. I will have to see how the TA's and Berger's shoot in this rifle. The first hunt will be Moose and Black Bear in September in Newfoundland hunting both at the same time. Given that my likely choice for that hunt will be the TA's as I am not entirely convinced that the Bergers would be a good Bear load. Maybe carry a mag of each.