new AR hunting rifle

pothoc

I am a month to 2 months out from getting a new rifle. I like the flexibility of the AR style but require the larger AR 10. I was thinking a 308 or similar cartridge may a little more power for longer range shots. I am done some research on Remington and DPMS rifles but what are some other companies that make HUNTING AR 10 rifles.

So if you could help me out thanks

Larue,MEGA,LMT,Knights armerment,Noveske,RRA,Armalite,JP rifles,LWRC

Just so your clear an AR10 is an ARMALITE rifle and that designation does not apply to any other 308 battle rifles that may look the same. There is also very little parts comminalty between any of these weapons systems.

The Remington R-25 is a DPMS as both Remington and DPMS are owned by the same Parent company. I own an R-25 in 7mm-08 and my buddy has a DPMS on 308. Both are quite accurate with .5 MOA accuracy with hand loads and a few factory loads. I like the balance and camo finish in the R-25. Mounted a 3.5x10 Mark 4 on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.