New addition to the family

sambo3006

My wife and I just had our first child last Wednesday. Joshua Edward was 6 lb 1 oz, a perfect little angel. Had to cancel my latest LRH project in order to buy diapers and such but I wouldn't trade him for the world. (I am not hurting for suitable LRH rifles anyway, I'll be okay.)

I am left handed and my wife is right handed. Wouldn't it be tragic if he turns out right handed and I have to buy a bunch of right handed gear for him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Joshua5-21-07.jpg

HaleyandSamandJoshua5-17-07.jpg

congradulations , its a great feeling isin't it.

I could have alot of nice toys for the $600 a month I'm paying for daycare but I woulden't trade my curtain climber for anything either.

I was amazed about how having a child has changed my attitude and outlooks so much.

[ QUOTE ]
I could have alot of nice toys for the $600 a month I'm paying for daycare but I woulden't trade my curtain climber for anything either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly right.

Many weekends spent at soccer games, music lessons, baseball games, boyscout meetings and trips, and a lot less hunting and I do not regret one minute of the time I spent with them.
The credit card bill just came today for the hog and auodad hunt trip I took with my son and it took me maybe thirty seconds to consider in my mind the cost versus the memories obtained. It would have taken less time except there were so many good memories to consider.

Enjoy him now because twenty years will pass in a hurry and he wil be on his own.

Awsome!!!!

My wife and I, mostly my wife, raised 7 of the little children /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wouldn't take a $million for any one of them.

However, I wouldn't give 10 cents for another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just bought a Rossi 22/410 for an 8 yr old grand son. All that practice with the BB gun really paid off.

You have some good times to look forward to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Congrats Sambo!

Daipers will eat up alot of your $$ over the next few years.

Both of my boys are looking like they're going to be left handed.

I've told them that they'll learn to shoot right handed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Until they're old enough to buy their own guns they're just going to settle with my hand me downs and I'll buy new for myself.

Cheers!

[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed about how having a child has changed my attitude and outlooks so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda makes alot of stuff seem insignificant. I was amazed as well. Congrat to you and your wife. Now you've got a lifelong hunting buddy!!

Congrads, Life has just taken a new road brother.you now will never wear a clean shirt again.the carpet will take a smell of it's on.When you got home the dog ran and wanted petting now it will run and hide to keep from gettting it's hair pulled.But thats what makes life so great.
mom looked healthy tell her congrads also.

Congradulations!!! I have missed the last 14 spawning seasons fishing trips and p-dog summer shoots on account of soccer/baseball/vollyball/track/recitals etc. Not one cell in my body regrets any of it. When they grow up and have families of their own there will be plenty of time for me to do my own things...then when that starts to get old along come grandkids to start all over again. There is NOTHING more amazing that watching them grow.

As for the left right thing...my best friend and his wife are both strong left handed..both of their kids are righties.

Again, congradulations and good luck. Hope mom and baby are both fine.

congradulations they grow up before you know it spend as much time with him as you can its hard to make it up later in life. All three of my kids are leftys im right handed as is my wife but my dads a lefty

The first thing you need to do is to teach him about Jesus Christ .

The next thing you need to is go out an buy him every Rifle that he may need in life . by the time he gets old enough to use them you may have 5 or 6 rifles , You could buy him one every 3 years or so . he will think you later .

I have 3 sons one 18 , 9 , 7 . i have them about 8 Guns each .

If you teach your kids to hunt an Fish you will knot have to hunt for your kids .

Redbone

[ QUOTE ]
The first thing you need to do is to teach him about Jesus Christ .

The next thing you need to is go out an buy him every Rifle that he may need in life .
Redbone

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen on both counts in that order.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.