• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED NEW 338 Allen Magnum Xtreme Heavy Sporter for sale

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Hey guys, The owner of this rifle had me post this rifle last year for sale. Its a great rifle but it was originally ordered with 300 rounds of loaded ammo using the 265 gr Barnes TTSX bullet. Shot great but it was a huge add on to the total rifle package price the customer was looking to get out of the rifle which was $10K for the entire package.

The owner and I have talked things over and he has decided to change his plans for selling this rifle. Now, he is selling the rifle to include the following items in the package, still a turn key extreme range precision rifle package, just cutting the ammo. So this is what you would get:

Complete APS XHS chambered in 338 Allen Magnum
NF NXS 5.5-22x 50mm w/ NP-R1 reticle mounted and squared
4 NF Ultralight Tactical rings on 40 moa rail
Custom 338 AM loading die set
100 rounds of formed, correct headstamped brass
62" cabelas bulletproof aluminum hard case
Shipping to your FFL holder

Total asking price..............................$7800 OBO

Price is pretty solid but will consider any realistic offer. No trades considered. Here are some pics of the rifle package.

338AM265grTTSX-1.jpg

P8290011.jpg

P8290012.jpg

Spec list for this rifle:

338 Allen Magnum chambering
Single shot
BAT MCT receiver
Right bolt, right eject
Diamond bolt fluting
Plunger ejector
BAT 40 moa stainless steel rail base
Rail base pinned to receiver for shear support
Jewell trigger with bottom safety, set at 1 lb currently
Custom contour 32" Stainless steel Lilja barrel, 1-10 twist
Large 50 BMG style barrel flutes
Large APS Painkiller muzzle brake
Bead Blast matte finish on barreled receiver
McMillan A-5 tactical stock made with EDGE carbon fiber shell
1" Decelerator recoil pad set at 13.75" LOP
Tactical swivel stud package (two on forend, one on toe)
Custom APS pillar bedding
Metal ADL trigger guard
4 NF Ultralight Tactical rings
NF NXS 5.5-22x50mm w/ NP-R1 reticle, HST and zero stop
ACI on top ring cap mount with spirit level

If this rifle were ordered new today, the total would be $8750 for the entire package. SO basically your getting this rifle for $1000 off new price.

This rifle has NEVER left my shop. I have accuracy tested this rifle with the 300 gr SMK, 300 gr Berger Hybrid and the 265 gr Barnes TTSX. All tested at 1500 yards and all performed amazingly well. The SMK was the most consistant as far as grouping at extreme range but the Berger and Barnes were very close seconds, all easily met my accuracy standards so there are at least three bullets that work extremely well in this rifle. Because of testing these three different bullets, I did do the barrel break in. Roughly 65 rounds down the barrel total and no barrel break in needed by you.

Recoil is roughly similiar to a 270 Winchester in an 8-9 lb rifle, VERY mild and comfortable. No muzzle jump at all and its easy to see your impacts at ranges past 500 yards when shot from a solid shooting position.

This rifle is really designed to be used in the +800 to +2000 yard range.

Also available are pulled 265 gr Barned TTSX bullets for $40 per 50, thats a $10 discount over new price. These bullets are impact pulled so no marks on them and they will shoot exactly as brand new bullets would, only with a 20% discount in price.

Great rifle for anyone looking to get into the ultimate 338 at a pretty decent reduced price.

As always, first one with payment and FFL gets rifle. Thanks for your time and consideration. Again, this is a new, NEVER SHIPPED rifle.

Quick question

Kirby did you open up the throat of the gun , to get more use out of the case ?

Or did you leave the length more basic to use with the 265 type bullets.

Always wondered because I would like the idea of getting a touch more out of this round.

God Bless

Jeff

The rifle was actually built with a throat set up for the 300 SMK set at an OAL of around 4.250". Interestingly enough, the 265 gr Barnes TTSX has a very similiar bullet length and ogive length compared to the 300 gr SMK.

Being a single shot, this throat will also work extremely well with the Berger 300 gr Hybrid, in fact with this bullet, it would be seated out around 0.100" farther out of the case then the SMK or Barnes so you can generally pick up a bit more velocity with the Berger compared to the SMK. The Berger also has a bit shorter baring surface so that also frees up a bit more velocity.

On averge you will see around 50-75 fps more velocity with the Berger then the SMK.

In short, this rifles throat would be ideal for any of the following bullets:

265 gr Barnes TTSX
280 gr Barnes TTSX
285 gr Hornady HP match
300 gr SMK
300 gr Berger
300 gr Accubond
Any of the Rocky Mountain bullet

Pretty much any bullet over 265 grains would work perfectly will in this throat and offer full performance.

In testing the 300 gr Accubond, I have found that because of its VERY long baring surface, its a relatively slow bullet compared to same weight match bullets. It will on average run 50-75 fps slower then the SMK in most rifles. This is not a real bad thing if your needing the terminal performance of a bullet such as the Accubond, a 300 gr Accubond loaded to 3225 to 3250 is one hell of a potent big game hammer.