New #1 Ruger Stainless varminter in 204 Ruger

450 marlin

Just purchased a #1 Ruger in 204, should have a scope on it this weekend and get it zeroed in.

jamisonsruger.jpg

Picked it up on-line used, had one box of shells shot through her. The gun with seven boxes of Honady 32 gr. V-MAX varmint express and shipping for $800. Not a scratch on it. The Hornadys run about $20 a box, minus the shipping, the guns
cost was about $645....not a bad deal. Mounting a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20X40 this weekend, and will test it on some coyote next week.

The Leupold is mounted, Butler Creek caps , a black Ruger sling and Harris Bi-pods
added, a nice looking rig. its +5 outside, snowing and blowing, looks like the sight in will have to wait a day or two gun)

I just picked up a new #1 in 7mm Mag. Waitin on a scope, and I'll do some sighting in this week. If you eject an empty(or snap cap) does it hit the safety lever on yours? it does on mine, and bounces back toward the breech. I was told I could adjust the ejector spring and alleviate this problem.

Picture938.jpg

JDMAG

If you move it back to the safe position before ejecting the spent shell it works fine. I guess that is their way of making sure your rifle has the safety on when a new round is put into the chamber.

Mine won't go to safety position unless it's cocked. which after you've shot, it aint. If I'm just ejecting an unused round, it throws it completely clear of the gun.

I just spoke with Ruger customer service, and they said the technique to use, is to tilt the gun slightly when you eject the bullet.:rolleyes: Since I love the gun, I guess I can live with this, but it would sure be nice to just drop the block and leter rip!
JDMAG

Did some sighting in today with the 204 Ruger, a dime covers a five shot group at 100 yards. Will fine tune it some more, looks like it will punch holes when I control my shot better.

Sounds like a shooter. I wan't to try a 20 Practical some day. Just shows some potential to be an easy round to load and use. 20's have really sparked my interest.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.