Never Forget

I remember that day, I'm in the military because of it. Let's not forget those that gave all that day, but let's also not forget those that gave their lives because of those b-stards. On deployments I have been with 20 Americans that have given their lives while wearing my uniform including my best friend, and lost a cousin to a land mine in Afghanistan. What really saddens me is that it took something like this to bring our country together, and just look at us now…we have forgotten.
Your words are true. I am forever grateful for those who gave all and those affected at home. I cannot imagine your anguish.

I had just transferred from upstate NY my homestate to MI in 1992 so the attack tore at my heart from that perspective. I just don't believe our country, our culture can stay focused on security for any length of time which will end in a bad result. I flew a ton for my job and I had an incident that just infuriated me. This was ONLY 5 years post 9/11. I found an abandoned backpack in an empty gate area in a major airport. Gate agent at counter. I told gate agent and she could care less. She told me somebody will return for it. I asked her if she had short memory? She kind of snarled at me. I asked her if she ever heard "see something say something"? She again blew me off. I politely asked her to call security or I will call 911 which WILL shut down airport because she is too busy to care. Security shows up with dog, sniffs it clean. Agent rips me that this was complete waste of time etc. Security now about 5 officers looks at me, asks what happened and then just unloaded on the gate agent. They thanked me for "taking the time to care". This how I feel our country's memory is, outside of those who defend us and those like us here on LRH would go to call to arms to defend her. Our vigilance is just not the same or meets the threat need.

Our society cannot grasp or understand that our defense is 24/7 365 both inside and outside our borders. This is what scares me for my son and his family and others. Even all the tributes on TV, NOT ONE ever stated we need to remain vigilant and if you see something say something. That alone is the indictment against our society that we cannot stay focused for any length if time.

This is not a political statement but an indicator how our society can only focus what is in front in the moment.

Never lose sight that we need to Never Forget and be vigilant 24/7 365.