Nevada tag

Cool. I drew horns shorter for 067-068. It's my 3rd horns shorter tag during my waiting period.

I get to start putting in for horns longer next year.

Man, it feels like I won the **** lottery this year!

Antelope unit 32
Elk unit 72 late
Deer unit 161 early

All in Nevada. I'm still in shock. My son drew the same deer & elk as me no antelope as he got an antelope in 42 last year.

I drew that same tag in 2011, it took me a couple days to find one to shoot. It was super hot but still fun, I was able to take the kids and check some cool places out. There also seemed to be a lot of coyotes in the unit.

Since Area 161 is a winter range for mulies, the early hunt can havee its issues aka no deer. A good early storm can possibly move the deer to lower country. We hunted there some years ago and never put in for that area again. Plenty of yodel pups in the area.
Good luck.

I hunted unit 72 late last year for deer. That is the Jarbidge wilderness. I went guided and these guys are real good for elk. If you want to know the name of a good outfitter let me know. Best of luck on the hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.