Needed: Suggestions for new LRH article topics

I would like to see more about figuring the bc of a bullet. I have Exbal and a good chronograph, but I'm just using the manufacturers bc. I would also like to see the pros and cons of moly coating bullets, and is it leave residue in the barrel? Does it affect barrel life?

I don't know if this forum is the place for this, but we might want to discuss ideas for legally putting an end to the continued falsehood-based attempts to take our firearms away. Any interest?

The best way is to REMEMBER and ACT! If they are elected, work to make them unelected. If they are representing a company, publically boycott the company and if it is a 'news' company, publically boycott its sponsors and write letters to the management and their board of directors. Buy some stock and attend the shareholder meetings and publically condemn the board members for their actions. Be polite, firm, and have your Pro gun facts straight and be articulate and polite, if loud and persistant. Stay on target, be precise and don't draw unecessary fire. It annoys those sympathetic to our cause...

cheers,
chuck...

The only attempts I can think of are those already in place; i.e., pounding our Senators and Representatives (both State and Federal) by voting against any idiotic proposal they present, such as etching ammunition, ridding bullets of lead cores and anything else that has no bearing on the reduction of gun violence and increases in criminal activity by punishing law abiding citizens.

The ILA at the NRA provides plenty of ways to be pro-active in the arena of fighting gun-grabbers. The issue of eliminating firearms never used to be one to cause concern to gun owners until the attack on President Reagan and several other prominent citizens caused voters to question the Second Amendment. It was only through the efforts of people like us and the NRA that put enough pressure on politicians that any semblance of truth was revealed. Add John Lott to that list, also.

The voting public is largely ignorant of any important issues because the only opinions they form are those which are parroted by the national liberal news media. The NRA is only a small player in the game when compared to TV, non-conservative radio and the printed media, all which are largely biased against gun owners. Gun ownership has also become a political football and gun owners have almost become the objects of black-listing, such as did those people who felt the wrath of Senator Joe McCarthy in the 1950s. It is our responsibility to fight back at every opportunity by phoning, writing letters and emailing our government reps at every opportunity and to be educated by reading articles in such online publications offered by the Christian Science Monitor, the Heritage Foundation, National Review Organization, Investor's Business Daily (the yearly fee of $235 is the best money you will spend).

I would send our own California Senators a copy of John Lott's book, "More Guns, Less Crime," but I know they would just trash it. Instead of sitting in front of the stupid box, we need to take time each week to review pending legislation against gun ownership in any form and let our reps know that we will not vote for them unless they vote our way. If "American Idol" is more important than ensuring our right to bear arms, then we will get what we deserve. Yeah...it takes a little effort, but that's the price we have to pay.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.